Healthy Banana Crumb Muffins
One of the common breakfast temptations is banana bread. Heavy enough to fill you up, and tasty enough to leave you satisfied in the morning. This breakfast treat is great even for an afternoon snack alongside your coffee. The problem with banana bread is that it is often unhealthy and is filled with sugar and butter. Even the banana breads that sound healthy (“Walnut Banana Bread” or “Whole Wheat Flour Banana Bread”) are not necessarily the better option. Take out those sugars and get your banana fix with these healthy banana crumb muffins! With reduced amount of sugar and butter (and extra banana) you will feel full and ready to go with your now healthy breakfast or snack selection!
Ingredients (Made to serve 10)
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 Bananas (mashed)
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup Butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line your muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Mix together the flour (1 ½ cups), baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups or papers.
- In a separate dish, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together for the muffin toppings.
- Blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture on top of the pre-poured muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden in colour.
Feel great about breakfast with these delicious muffins! Thank you to allrecipes.com for the great recipe made healthy!