Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
Christmas is filled with the best kind of goodies – candy canes, fudge, sugar cookies… the list goes on and on! The problem is that Christmas is also filled with many opportunities to eat these goodies, leaving you feeling stuffed and unhealthy throughout the season. It’s hard stopping when you start! There is nothing worse than getting to the end of the Christmas season and realizing that you have gained a few extra pounds.
Instead of ending the season on a low, end it on a high and change your Christmas recipes! There are a ton of healthy winter treat options out there that are delicious. Take, for example, these healthy gingerbread cookies! Healthier oils and flours, and no sugar! This recipe uses stevia and molasses instead, to create a natural and tasty treat. These gingerbread cookies taste great and will satisfy that sweet Christmas craving you have! Feel better this winter and make these healthy gingerbread cookies!
- 1 ½ cups Blanched Almond Meal (recommended “Bob’s Red Mill” brand)
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Dry Sweetener (recommended Granulated Erythritol)
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger (ground)
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves (ground)
- 1 tsp. Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Molasses
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Stevia Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F
- Whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, dry sweetener, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl.
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the molasses, coconut oil, vanilla, and stevia (the dough should look dark and sticky).
- Roll 1/3 of the dough between 2 baking sheets until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice and cut out cookies (can add a small bit of flour to the cookie cutter to help it come away properly).
- Place cookie cut outs onto a pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Take the cookies off of the pan to cool.
Thank you to DessertsWithBenefits for the delicious and healthy gingerbread cookie recipe! https://dessertswithbenefits.com/healthy-gingerbread-cookies/