Heart-y Vegetable Soup
The weather is still cold, so warm meals are a go-to for dinner! Even more so, there is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup after a long day at work and braving the cold to get back home. This Heart Month, make your dinner warm, tasty, and HEART-y! Many soups can have excess cream or fats in them, so why not make a hearty soup that is good for your… heart!
Instead of cream-based soups or those that include extra butter, make a soup recipe that will improve your heart health. Make simple changes in your recipe such as adding more vegetables, reducing the amount of salt and fat, and including ingredients that are good for your heart! Try, for example, this amazing Heart-y Vegetable Soup! Gluten free, vegetarian, low-carb, and totally healthy for your blood-pumper! Add this soup to your weekly meal plan, and feel good for the days to come!
Ingredients (Makes 5 servings)
- 1 can Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Large Onion (diced)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 2 Stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 Small Zucchini (diced)
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Sage
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (include juice)
- 2 cups Packed Chopped Spinach
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and the tomatoes, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the beans and spinach leaves to the mixture and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve with parmesan on top.
Thank you to YummyHealthyEasy.com for this delicious and heart-healthy recipe! A soup recipe perfect for Heart Month! https://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/healthy-tuscan-vegetable-soup-easy