Vegan Pasta Carbonara
We love our moms and we only want to give them the best this Mother’s Day! Sure, you can get her a box of chocolates, or buy her a bouquet of flowers, but wouldn’t she appreciate something homemade even more? One wonderful way to show her that you love her is to cook her a healthy nourishing dinner! She has worked hard and giving her a night off to sit back and relax is just what she deserves. Try a recipe that will taste great and be good for her heart!
Pasta may be the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to dinner, but the butters and creams that go into sauce can be overwhelmingly unhealthy. But pasta is so good! So, let’s have the best of both worlds and cook mom this Pasta Carbonara – A classic dish that is made to be good for your body (and heart!), and is totally vegan. This easy recipe is quick to make, taking only 25 minutes and is a 5-step recipe! Perfect for those who are a tad last-minute in their Mother’s Day planning. Treat mom to a dinner she deserves and one that she can feel great about!
Ingredients (Made to serve 6)
- 500g Pasta of Your Choice
- 275g firm tofu (Note: If mom isn’t vegan, you can substitute this for chicken!)
- ½ cup Almond Milk (may also use Rice Milk, Soy Milk, or Coconut Milk)
- ½ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Bacon to taste (optional)
- Parsley to taste (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions provided on the bag.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender (except the bacon and parsley), and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the cooked pasta and place it in a frying pan and then pour the sauce over it.
- Add the optional bacon and parsley on top.
- Serve with a heart-healthy salad that will make her heart sing!
Thank you to SimpleVeganBlog for the amazing and healthy recipe that will be sure to put a smile on mom’s face! https://simpleveganblog.com/vegan-pasta-carbonara/