Pumpkin Coconut Soup
In keeping with the fall theme, a pumpkin recipe is necessary! With the cool weather of fall it is always nice to have something warm and delicious made for dinner. What better way to warm the soul than with a big bowl of pumpkin coconut soup!
The best thing about soup recipes is that it only requires a few ingredients, which are tossed into the same pot. They are easy, usually pretty fast, and taste amazing! Some soup recipes will require heavy ingredients such as cream, butter, or unhealthy amounts of bacon. It is important to find those certain recipes that avoid the heavy and unhealthy ingredients so that you know you are filling your body with good things. Chowders and “cream of” soups have hidden fats and sugars in them that will warm you up but can leave you feeling bloated and nauseous. This recipe has great ingredients that will leave you feeling good about yourself as well as leaving your body feeling full and content.
Get ready to be cozy with this awesome recipe! This soup has our favorite fall flavor (pumpkin) as well as healthy coconut, and ginger. Ginger is said to help with digestion and is good to assist when trying to kick a cold. Mix these ingredients together for this delicious Pumpkin Coconut Soup and serve with a salad or some warm biscuits!
- 2-3 tsp Fresh Ginger (minced or finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Pounds of Pumpkin (type of pumpkin may vary – recommended Red Kuri Squash- be sure to peel and cut into chunks)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 ⅔ Light Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat the coconut oil in your pan or pot that you will be using to cook the soup
- Add the chopped/minced ginger and fry until golden
- Add the chopped and peeled pumpkin and let it fry for a minute or so, stirring often
- Add the water, put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on medium heat until the pumpkin has become soft (roughly 15 minutes)
- Take off heat and puree with hand mixer until mixture is smooth
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the salt
- Mix ingredients until combined
- Serve and enjoy!
A big thank you to win-winfood.com who made this recipe for you to enjoy and stay warm with this fall![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]