Cauliflower Crust Pizza
With the cold weather, it is easy to give up on buying your meal plan, and instead order in some pizza. It is quick and easy meal solution, but extremely unhealthy. But how, you ask, do I satisfy my pizza craving without filling my body with the bad stuff? Save yourself the guilt and carbs and turn your pizza into a healthy one with this easy and delicious cauliflower crust pizza! This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and low calorie so you don’t feel ashamed eating more than two pieces. The best part about this recipe is that you can choose whatever toppings you like! Whether you are a ham-and-pineapple person or only cheese, you can customize your pizza to your own preferences. Check out this yummy pizza crust recipe and satisfy those pizza cravings tonight!
- 2 ½ cups grated/ground cauliflower
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Put the cauliflower into a food processor or blender until it is ground
- Place the ground cauliflower into a heat-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap with some holes to vent
- Microwave the cauliflower for 4 minutes, remove plastic, and stir cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower into a mesh strainer and use spatula to press out any liquids remaining (can also use paper towel to absorb more liquid)
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl and fluff with a fork
- Add the basil, oregano, garlic, parmesan, and mozzarella – mix well and add salt to taste
- Add the egg to the mixture and stir until it is completely blended
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (non-stick spray can be used additionally)
- Press the mixture to a ¼ inch thickness
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Remove the crust from oven, add your desired pizza toppings, and put back into oven for cheese to melt and toppings to warm.
- Slice up the pizza and enjoy!
A big thank you to Our Best Bites for this amazing healthy pizza crust recipe! We hope your pizzas are delicious!