Healthy Granola Bars
It’s November, and that means that Christmas is only one month away! It is the pre-season of busyness, trying to organize winter events, getting the kids to school, and doing the Christmas shopping. When we get busy we also tend to have to eat things on the go. A quick granola bar is the perfect thing to tie you over! But did you know that store-bought granola bars usually have hidden sugars and fats?
Hidden refined sugars found in pre-packaged granola bars will keep you going for a little while. After that time is up, your body will burn up the sugar and you will find yourself hungry once more! It is better to eat something that will fill you up naturally and keep you sated longer!
These homemade granola bars are filled with natural and healthy ingredients that lack the refined sugars used in pre-packed ones. They even have a hint of sweetness with the use of dark chocolate chips! Each bar contains roughly 162 calories, 2 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein! Make these bars and have them as your perfect on-the-go snack! Whether you driving to hockey practice, going in early to work, or going snowshoeing! You will feel better with these healthy granola bars as you tackle the busy season head on!
Ingredients (Makes 10 bars)
- ½ cup Unsalted Roasted Almonds (whole)
- ½ cup Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts (whole)
- ½ cup Roasted Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Puffed Rice
- 1 Tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Line an 8-inch pan with tinfoil, allow it to hang over the side of the pan.
- Mix together almonds, peanuts, walnuts, puffed rice, and flaxseed meal in a large greased bowl – set this aside once mixed.
- Put the brown rice syrup, honey, vanilla, and sea salt into a small sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil while continuously whisking (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the syrup mixture over your nut mixture and stir to combine right away.
- Transfer the mixture over to the foiled pan, spreading the mixture out evenly so there are no gaps.
- Let the mixture cool for about 20 minutes.
- Using the overhanging tinfoil, remove the cooled mixture from the pan and on to a cutting board.
- Cut the mixture into 10 even bars and allow them to cool completely.
- Place the dark chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-seconds at a time (each time stirring – until chocolate is completely melted).
- Drizzle the chocolate over the granola bars and let the bars sit until chocolate has cooled.
- Store the bars in an airtight container and enjoy!
Now on-the-go snacks can be healthy with this easy pre-made recipe! Thank you to EatYourselfSkinny.com for the amazing Kind Bars recipe!