Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cups
As soon as September rolls around, pumpkin-flavoured everything begins to make an appearance. Pumpkin spice lattes emerge earlier every year at Starbucks, pumpkin scones are served at every café, and pumpkin pies are made by the hundreds for each weekend from September until December. It can be tempting to indulge in these limited-time seasonal drinks and snacks, but how can you justify so many cheat days? We have the answer: healthy pumpkin pie cups!
You may be thinking, ‘how can pumpkin pie be healthy?’ But this delicious and seasonal dessert is made with only the best and heart-healthiest ingredients. Not to mention, this dessert will be a hit at any family gathering for those with dietary restrictions. These pumpkin pie cups are grain free, vegan, simple to make, and are perfect for fall. This recipe-made-healthy is also ideal to help with portion-control when it comes to not over-enjoying sweets. So, the next time you are craving some seasonal pumpkin, try this tasty recipe!
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Sweet Potato (baked and mashed)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a bowl mix together the crust ingredients (almond flour, maple syrup, and water), and stir with a fork until they are well combined – mixture will appear crumbly but still stick together.
- Grease a muffin pan and place parchment paper in each so pumpkin pies can be easily removed.
- Using the crust mixture, press the crust into the muffin tins, ensuring to cover the bottom and sides evenly.
- Add all of the filling ingredients (pumpkin puree, sweet potato, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice) to a mixing bowl, and mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pre-made crust cups
- Bake the pumpkin pie cups for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let the cups cool, then chill overnight in the fridge before serving.
Thank you to feastingonfruit.com for this seasonal recipe-made-healthy! https://www.feastingonfruit.com/pumpkin-pie-cups/#wprm-recipe-container-10320