Healthy Hot Chocolate
You’ve just entered your home after a blustery walk outdoors in the snow globe atmosphere we call Canada, and the warmth of your home floods over you. There really isn’t any feeling quite like it! The only possible and conceivable thing to do next is to curl up by the fireplace wearing your coziest socks and sweatshirt, and sip on a delicious cup of hot chocolate! But wait! You’ve decided that this Christmas you are going to try your best to eat healthier and not over-indulge in the holiday goodies. Thankfully, we’ve got you covered with this Healthy Hot Chocolate recipe!
Now you don’t have to feel guilty about having a cup of hot cocoa on those especially cold nights! This recipe-made-healthy is gluten-free, dairy-free, and totally vegan! Not to mention, it only includes the best ingredients to keep your heart healthy all winter long. No more holiday drinks loaded with extreme sugar! This healthy hot chocolate is the perfect way to warm up your belly, heart, and soul. Not to mention, it is extremely easy to make! Next time you need a chocolatey pick-me-up, try this recipe for ultimate satisfaction!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- ½ a bar of 85% Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 5 drops Stevia (optional)
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Mix the can of coconut milk with a blender at high speed until it has the texture of whipped cream – refrigerate once finished.
- Grate the dark chocolate bar and set aside.
- Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk to a small sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once the almond milk is simmering, add the dark chocolate shavings, as well as the vanilla (and optional stevia).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for roughly 10 minutes, whisking constantly to avoid burning.
- Once the chocolate is all melted and the almond milk is frothy in texture, pour into preferred cup.
- Top with the coconut whipped cream and serve.
(For an extra special treat, sprinkle extra chocolate shavings on top or add some cinnamon to give it a unique flavour!)
Thank you to createmindfully.com for this winter-warming recipe that leaves our cravings satisfied and our hearts happy!