Creamy Cashew Alfredo Sauce
“Mom! Dad! What’s for dinner??”
If this sounds like a common exclamation in your household, we know the feeling! Having dinner ready each and every night is a constant and, at times, overwhelming task. It can take a lot of effort to meal plan, not to mention, trying to ensure that the meals are healthy for you and your family! In those times of dinner despair, we often gravitate to the unhealthy comfort foods that can be easily found in boxes deep down in the pantry. But there is a healthy alternative to comfort food that only required 6 ingredients!
Introducing the recipe-made-healthy creamy cashew alfredo sauce! This vegan pasta sauce alternative is perfect for those cold evenings that will fill up the fam while giving them a tasty and nutritional dinner! Loaded with healthy protein, this is a heart-healthy dinner staple you will want to keep handy. Pour this over your favourite gluten-free noodles (even spaghetti squash), throw some fresh veggies on the side and voila! Dinner is served!
Thank you to Ben and Susie from Mile High Dreamers for sharing this delicious and heart-healthy recipe with us! For the full recipe, how to freeze the sauce, and other meal ideas like this be sure to visit their website!
- 2 cups Cashews
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 ¼ cup Water (may also use Vegetable Broth)
- Fill up a bowl of water and soak the cashews for roughly 2 hours.
- Drain the water from the cashew bowl and place into high-speed blender.
- Add the garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, and water into the blender.
- Blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour over your favourite pasta and serve!
Images and Recipe Provided by www.milehighdreamers.com.