Rainbow Pad Thai
Summer is inching closer and with it comes a schedule full of activities for the whole family. When running around and on the go, it can be tempting to call for a pizza, order SkipTheDishes, or eat the fast packaged foods found in the pantry. The problem is that when we are busy and active throughout the summer, these quickly made foods don’t give us the nutrition needed to stay healthy! Fast foods are often filled with carbs, sugars, and other ingredients that will leave us unsatisfied and hungry once more. But if you need something quick for dinner that will satisfy the family and give you the nutrition you need, why not Pad Thai?
We recently came across The Take Home Nutritionist and their amazing Rainbow Pad Thai recipe! Not only is this vegan recipe extremely easy to make, it will fill your plate with every colour of the rainbow, giving you all the vitamins and nutrients you need to keep going! Peppers, kale, carrots, zucchini are just a few of the heart-healthy vegetables packed into this delicious dish.
Ready to get your meals back on track? Add this recipe to your summer meal plan and enjoy a healthy meal packed with fresh veggies you know you will love!
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 2 cups Black Kale
- 1 cup Carrots (peeled)
- 1 cup Zucchini (spiralized)
- ¼ cup Green Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Juice from 1 Orange
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Chili Paste
- ¼ cup Peanuts (crushed)
- Chop, peel, and spiral all of the vegetables as directed.
- Place the vegetables into a steamer or steaming basket and lightly steam the vegetables.
- While vegetables are steaming, prepare the Pad Thai dressing by mixing together the almond butter, tahini, soy sauce, lime juice, orange juice, maple syrup, and chili paste.
- Place the steamed vegetables on the plate and add the dressing on top.
- Garnish with the crushed peanuts and enjoy!
Thank you to Heather Bowen from The Take Home Nutritionist for sharing this colourful dinner dish with us! Want more healthy tips? Be sure to check out @thetakehomenutritionist on Instagram!