Healthy Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins
How about a breakfast that is satisfying when eaten on a quiet Sunday morning, as well as a hectic, get-the-kids-out-the-door, late-for-work, can’t-find-my-keys’ Monday morning(ish).
If you are one of those people who struggle to find the extra minutes in the morning to make yourself eggs, a smoothie, or oatmeal, it is the quick pre-made solutions that will save you. But not just any pre-made breakfast food… Many of the packaged pre-made breakfast bars and drinks are packed with sugars and will leave you hungrier than you began only a short time later. Instead, why not take the time to make an on-the-go breakfast that is delicious – when things are quieter! What you need is YummiestFood’s Healthy Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins!
These delicious and filling muffins will give you all the nutrients and energy you need to carry you through those busy days. Low sugar, no butter, and no flour – the oats and banana in these yogurt muffins will provide you with antioxidants, minerals, and fiber that your body/brain needs first thing in the morning. Check out this recipe from yummiestfood.com as well as their many other easy and healthy recipes to add to your meal plan!
- 2 medium Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- Optional: ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Lightly grease 12 regular-sized muffin tins or line your pan with muffin papers.
- Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor or blender and mix on high until the mixture has a smooth/creamy texture.
- Stir in the optional chocolate chips if you choose.
- Pour the muffin batter into each muffin tin/paper – fill each about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, let the muffins cool for 10 minutes on a rack before diving in!