Easy Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw
Craving something fresh and flavourful but don’t know what to make? It can feel like the best meals are just out of your reach when the work week begins, and you are at a loss of what to make for dinner. Well, step aside boring salad bowls and carb-filled, fast comfort food, a new dinner is in town. Say hello to Easy Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw from Slender Kitchen!
This delicious heart healthy recipe has everything you need to get the nutrients required to keep tackling the week, and the flavor that will quench those cravings. Why do we love these fish tacos so much? Not only do they offer a great way to change up the usual dinner menu, but we love them because they are LOADED with heart-healthy ingredients! Fish is filled with omega 3 fatty acids which work to reduce the risk of heart disease and keep your health on point. These tacos also include cabbage within the coleslaw mix which is packed with antioxidants that boosts heart health!
Ready to transform your dinner into something mouth-watering and healthy? Give this Easy Fish Taco recipe a try and feel good about what you eat once more!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 lb. White Fish (recommended cod)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- ½ tsp. Ancho Chile Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- 2 cups Coleslaw Mix (shredded)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 4 Green Onions (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise (low fat recommended)
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- With the salt and pepper, some of the lime juice, and the rest of the spices, season the fish evenly.
- Let the seasoned fish rest for 15 minutes.
- Place a grill pan over medium to high heat to preheat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, and cumin for the sauce/dressing.
- Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, and cilantro to the sauce and toss together until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the seasoned fish on aluminum foil and place it on the grill.
- Grill the fish for about 6-8 minutes or until flaky and cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place the flaked fish inside a warmed tortilla shell, cover with slaw mixture, and serve.
We would like to give a huge shout out to Slender Kitchen for sharing this tasty heart-healthy recipe with us! For more healthy recipe ideas that will leave you feeling great, be sure to check out the Slender Kitchen website.