Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
With the changes our world is going through right now, it may be a never-ending hunt for the next thing to do while self-isolating and social distancing. Taking the kids out for a walk, watching some Netflix, skyping family and friends, building forts, and cleaning the house… In addition to looking for the next exciting thing to do there is also the constant hunt for the next yummy snack! When our bodies are at rest and are doing little activity at home, it can be tempting to simply keep divulging on the next best treat. Trying to keep your family healthy while also allowing yourself to the freedom to snack? We have your next activity and healthy snack solution!
Say hello to the tasty and delectable Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars from NataliesHealth.com!
This amazing and healthy snack recipe is the perfect solution to beat those daytime munchies as well as give your body the nutrients and ingredients it needs to keep going! Using healthy and natural ingredients that are often found in the fridge and pantry, this easy and no-bake snack solution is loaded with healthy protein and antioxidants that will keep you full longer. (Not to mention a little chocolate to satisfy those sweet-tooth’s!). Gather the family and make these chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bars as an activity that can be done together!
Ingredients (makes 8 bars):
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Medium Bananas (ripe)
- 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (or Honey or Rice Syrup)
- 4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter (try to use brands with less sugar and fat)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place parchment paper inside a 9’x9’ pan and set to the side.
- Add 1 ½ cups of rolled oats into a food processor and blend until the oats are chopped into smaller pieces.
- Place the food processor oats and the remaining oats into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas, maple syrup (or honey), vanilla, and peanut butter until the mixture is well combined and smooth in texture.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry oat mixture bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour your new mixture into the parchment paper-lined pan and use another piece of parchment paper to press the mixture down until it is flat.
- Place the bar mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the bar mixture is freezing, take the chocolate chips and melt in a double boiler over the stove top or in the microwave.
- Let the melted chocolate cool slightly and then pour directly over top of the frozen bar mixture.
- Freeze until the chocolate is solid.
- Cut your mixture into bars and serve!
We want to give a big shout out to NataliesHealth.com for sharing this heart-healthy recipe with us and giving us the snacks to keep us feeling good and satisfied! For more recipes and healthy living tips, be sure to check out NataliesHealth website!