Heartwarming Charity – Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation
For Canada’s young patients, a child-friendly, family-centred environment is one of the keys to recovery and important for the emotional and mental well-being of sick children. Since 2006, The Alberta Children’s Hospital has been providing advanced pediatric care to patients from newborn to age 17. Each year, the hospital provides life-saving care to nearly 100,000 kids.
In order for the Alberta Children’s Hospital to continue caring and providing top-quality medical care for patients from across the province, southeastern British Columbia and southwestern Saskatchewan, it relies on its health charity called the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation to raise the necessary funds to keep offering family-centred child health programs, specialized life-saving equipment and advanced pediatric research. Each year, the foundation raises millions to help those who rely on the hospital for specialized care every year.
About this Charity:
The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation exists to help fund significant advancements in child health. The foundation solicits donations, recruits volunteers and helps individuals or organizations to create their own fundraisers to support the Alberta Children’s Hospital.
How to Get Involved:
There are many ways to help support this very worthy health charity:
- Donate – the Foundation accepts single contributions, monthly donations, legacy gifts, memorial donations, tribute donations and gifts in kind.
- Fundraise – individuals and organizations are encouraged to rally their friends, family members and co-workers together to raise funds for the hospital.
- Get Involved – sponsorship of all levels and volunteer opportunities are available.
Why this Charity is Heartwarming:
The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation seeks out generous donors to ensure young patients receive the absolute best care possible by supporting child health programs, specialized life-saving equipment and advanced pediatric research. The foundation collects donations and puts them towards the hospital’s highest priority needs including:
- specially designed equipment and advanced training to help experts stabilize and safely transport sick and injured children;
- state-of-the-art surgical tools to help ensure the safest and most precise operations for kids and babies;
- the most powerful diagnostic imaging technology to ensure children are diagnosed faster and more accurately than ever before;
- CPR feedback systems to support critical care experts in providing the best quality CPR to children who require resuscitation; and
- special heart and lung bypass technology to give kids’ hearts and lungs the chance to rest and heal when all other medical
With many children and their families relying on the hospital each year for care – consider supporting the Alberta Children’s Hospital health charity today and help them build healthier futures for children.