In the workplace or at home, First Aid Training is a lifesaving skill. From kids to adults, Basic First Aid is invaluable in saving lives.
Automated External Defibrillation (AED) training is an essential part of first aid. When a person goes into Sudden Cardiac Arrest, access to an AED can be the difference between life and death. Proper training on how to use an AED is important for those in the workplace and for those who have purchased an in-home AED.
At First Edition First Aid Training Inc., all first aid training and CPR courses include:
- Manual, certification cards and a take home barrier device for all participants;
- AED training; and
- Training under The Canadian Red Cross training program.
The two most common first aid courses for both personal education and those required in the workplace are Emergency First Aid and Standard First Aid. Each course includes different levels (A, C, HCP) include AED and CPR. For more details, visit the First Aid Training page on our website.
What AED training is covered in class?
Our First Aid Training courses are designed to build participant confidence in performing CPR in a team environment for those with a duty to respond. The courses cover important steps to perform a rapid assessment, Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and rapid defibrillation including the use of an AED. We believe that practice with an AED Trainer is vital to prepare first-aiders for emergencies so that the first time they have to press the ‘shock’ button, it is not in a stressful situation. For this reason, each participant in a first class has the opportunity to apply pads to a mannequin’s bare chest and follow the AED prompts through to the shock and CPR.
The first aid chapters specifically cover:
- The Red Cross;
- Responding to emergencies;
- Check, Call, Care: Scene and victim management;
- Choking (Adult only or adult, child, and infant);
- Circulation Emergencies: Heart attack, stroke, life threatening bleeding
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automated External Defibrillators) training; and
- Health Care Provider required skill set.
First Edition First Aid Inc. is your Canadian one-stop shop for lifesaving AEDs and first aid training. Our company has over 15 years of experience offering workplace first aid and CPR training, AEDs, AED accessories, First Aid supplies, and more!